Oh Oh - Weight watchers

This is something I've been putting off for years. Even before I became a type 1 diabetic, I was always a solid girl. Never obese, but always just above the healthy weight range. I've always said that if I was a horse, I'd be a shetland pony, able to survive harsh winters by digging in the snow for dead plant roots. Lately I've been increasingly frustrated with my creeping weight gain, as the hard work done in the late 1990's when I got back down to a size 12 (which is near anorexic for me), came undone and I climbed back to a size 16. I do a fair bit of exercise and I eat good low GI stuff, but I eat a bit too much fat, not enough vegies and I like a drink.... Ho Hum

A couple of weeks ago a friend challenged me to come to Weight Watchers with her.

One of the reasons I've put this off is that for the last 26 years, I've lived on a restricted diet, anyway. I've had to track what I eat, keep records and test my blood glucose levels 6 - 8 times a day. Why would I want to add to that routine by taking on Weight Watchers and their silly points system?
I went to the first meeting. Its pretty challenging because now I have to learn to manage points, then re-convert to carbs, then consider whether they are Low GI or High GI and how long they will interact with insulin etc. I'm used to just eating pretty much the same thing for breakfast & lunch each day. That way I can get up & go to work half asleep, without too much fuss! I told them that I am Type 1 Insulin dependant, so of course they handed me a book all about Type 2 Diabetes. (Happens every time) They just don't `get it'. Anyway that left me feeling a bit flat.

Well you can only `give it a go' and see what happens ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!