The Alchemist and other thoughts

Serendipity - don't you love the sound of that word? Fate, dejavu, destiny, all the words we have to describe things that seem to be pre-ordained, immutable, of extraordinary coincidence or just meant to happen.

Sometimes I subscribe to them, sometimes I don't. On Thursday the fortune cookies message seemed an omen. My sisters & I often refer to ancestors, seeking assurance that they will guard us through life's travails and set us on the right path. (Assuming we allow this to happen, by not ignoring omens etc)

The cold hard rational side of me poo poo's these ideas, but they make good fodder for an idle brain!

As does day dreaming about the perfect lover. Someone who will make me feel like a princess in a desert tent under a night sky of a million stars, who will make each morning seem like endless summer and will magically remove obstacles from my way (oh yeah).

Unfortunately the trade off to get a bloke like that is just too much! I enjoy living on my own and I really don't want to fulfill someone else's fantasy of the perfect woman (even though I know I am one). Damnation, it's that independant thought thing I have rearing it's head again! No romantic lovers for me, although I did like Will Smith's answer to the question of how to have a marriage that lasts in Hollywood. He said "marry someone who's smart and intelligent.", and the reporter said "and beautiful too!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Too many drugs