Teeth/Stress Relationship!

So what is number 4 on the stress list?
1 Loosing a family member
2 Moving House
3 Changing Jobs
4 ..... TEETH!

I shouldn't be complaining really, because I'm not having to face #1, BUT
I am in the middle of a program of (expensive) work to try and shore up my teeth for another decade or so. A fortnight ago I had a root canal, which had been done some years ago and had cracked, refilled. A day after it was refilled, I felt like it had lost a bit, there was a pit in the middle of the tooth surface and a rough edge on the inside of my tooth. So under a great deal of stress, I went to the dentist on the morning of the house move, and had it checked. "No," he said, there's no problem, the cement has just sunk a little into the root and left a rough edge." bzzz bzzz with the tooth polisher and off I went...... hmmm ... Happily sitting here this evening, chewing gum as I contemplate updating this blog, and "what's this bit of hard stuff in the chewing gum??" Yes, a whole lump of cement from the edge next to the neighbouring tooth, has come out! What to do? It's Saturday night, no dentist on Sunday. After some thought I decide I'll just have to have soft foods tomorrow & call the dentist on Monday. I do have an appointment to start on the next (expensive) bit of preparation for a bridge on the upper left of my jaw, on Tuesday - so I guess I know what we'll be doing.
This sort of stuff does tend to freak me out as I worry about eating and blood sugar levels and infection etc etc.... At least the tooth is already dead, with no nerve left in i.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Too many drugs