Type 1 Dilemma


I'm in bed after a big day gardening at my younger sisters' country property with all my siblings. Then I came home to dress and go out to a 50th birthday party where I ended up dancing like a 20 year old, but I didn't last much past 9.30 pm!
Now I find myself in one of those Type 1 situations tonight where I bolussed for quite a lot of carbs at the party, then didn't eat as much as I thought I would and now I'm in bed, very tired and wanting to go to sleep, but not game to, until I see which way my bgl is tracking, and I either eat or turn down the basal so that I'll get through the night ok. 
I was scheduled to do a sensor change today and thought I'd leave it until I came home from gardening at my sister's, as I expected to be home about 4 pm, but as it turned out I didn't get home until 6.30 pm. I knew I had to recharge the sensor transmitter before putting a new sensor in, so I put the transmitter on the charger whilst I went out to the party, and then put a new sensor in when I got home at 10.00pm. However the new sensor will need a calibration finger prick test done in 2 hours, so that means waking up at midnight to do that test. Bugger it! I think I'll eat a banana and try and get some sleep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Inside the brain