Diabetic desk johnnie

Friday, my BGL's ranged between 5.6 and 6.5 all day. Incredible. I worked from home, because I had some new furntiure arriving. In between report writing and email checking etc, I rearranged old furniture including emptying a 2m bookcase and stacking all the books to await the new wall unit. I was pretty much up and down from the desk all day. When the furniture arrived I assissted with it's installation and so on. As a result I had almost perfect BGL's, only needing to bolus for the evening meal. Saturday - yuk! My BGL's went down then up up up, sitting between 14.5 and 22.9. Did I have a fever? Nooo, was I eating more than usual? nooo, was I incredibly inactive? No. I was helping unpack removalists boxes at my Mum's new unit. So what else was different about Saturdya - aha - day 3.5 for this infusion set. I definitely get site resistance after 3 days. I changed the set this morning and we're back to almost normal, tho not as good as Friday.

Can I give up my day job and still earn what I do but be physically active all day??? I need a job doing letterbox drops or gardening or being a personal trainer, that pays $100,000 a year!

Umm, then again, at 52 it mightn't be such a good idea..... Actually when I think about it, I couldn't get my BGL's down below 9.8 when we were mountain trekking in Morocco, but that might have had something to do with the chest infection I had at the time. But seriously, I think that desk jobs are the worst possible thing for the health of Type 1 diabetics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Too many drugs