I attended a Xmas party with friends on Saturday night - they pull out all the stops for Christmas. They had `Con the fruiterer' there as MC. He was a very funny guy. He had that comedian's ability to zone in on someone and target their weak points.
I fell off the bike again on Friday, another gutter :( I was heading over to Southern Cross Station from Docklands after catching up with friends for a meal, and I rode down a ramp, across the tram lines, over the road, expecting to find a ramp on the other side - no such luck, it was dark and I didn't see the gutter. My knee looks like a rugby players but there is not too much pain & I can move ok. But my shoulder is back to giving me grief again.

I've been flat out over the weekend, cleaning & getting ready for Xmas Day. Kristin came over & did the windows for me on Sunday. She worked like a trooper. I got the ice-cream made, it's a special secret family recipe, that everyone in the family knows!
I lost power to all the power points on one side of the house. I checked out the fuses and trip switches, but they were all ok - reset them anyway, but got no improvement, so booked an electrician first thing Monday. Turned out I'd missed an internal power point with a trip switch on it. Never mind, I now have an electrician who will come out in January to do half a dozen jobs I've been waiting to get done.

This week at work has been slow. I had some sort of wog on Monday & felt crook all day, having difficulty focussing on tasks and getting things done in the right order. I didn't think much about it, except that I didn't feel well, then one of my workmates remarked to me on Tuesday "Were you OK yesterday? You didn't look well." so I guess I must have been sick!

The building management put all the building electronics onto night mode, which means that anyone without an electronic swipe tag can't get into the building or access the lifts. This has caused major havoc and a lot of disgruntlement amongst those without tags. They have to huddle outside the building until someone comes along to let them in, and hopefully also travel in the lift with them otherwise they have to use the fire escape stairs. This has had an unfortunate result as our part time receptionist, who has a severe limp and has some difficulty walking decided to take the stairs rather than wait for one of the girls with a swipe key. She got up the stairs OK, but a little later in the morning she had a fall in the staff kitchen and injured her shoulder. I'm left wondering if her bad leg gave way on her. We had to call an ambulance and she was given morphine and taken to hospital.

It's Xmas Eve and finally there's that lovely sense of slowing down and just doing what's important - time with friends. Kristin and her housemate, Karen have come over and are staying the night. We spend the evening preparing table decorations for Christmas Day and catching up on each others news. It's such good fun to have them in the house for the night - I set my alarm for 5.30am and get up and deliver Santa's stockings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Too many drugs