It's Autumn


It's Autumn. I love this time of year! As I drive home I just want my eyes to become a camera framing everything as the late evening sun strikes colour into the most mundane surfaces. I just missed catching it along the sides of the plane trees and manchurian pears this evening. The traffic wouldn't stop long enough for me to frame the photo with my phone camera. In the morning I'll get up and look out the kitchen window to see the first rays catch the burnished red and gold of my two maples. So much beauty to have with my cup of coffee.  We've had a sudden cold snap this week, and rain, glorious rain. I snuggle down at night under my fleecy blanket and relish the cold on my cheek and nose, while my toes sneak into the warmth of the bottom of the bed.  In the vegie garden the worms turn in the compost and blood and bone, the snow peas send tendrils searching for the trellis wire and the pumpkins mature roundly, patiently waiting their harvest.  Oh Autumn, time of prolific harvest and deep earth. I'll try and catch the last sun in the branches of red gold turning leaf and I'll smell your wet earth and promise of spring before the clean cold frosts of winter and I'll keep your light in my eyes as I go through those lean months ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Closed Loop Here I come!

Too many drugs